[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 156 KB, 2048x1154, bitcoin_lindy_effect.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10729599 No.10729599 [Reply] [Original]

I've been on this board since the beginning and while it was always a cesspool of stupid ideas (dogecoin, pandacoin, TIPS, trumpcoin) at least a good portion of the users were Bitcoin proponents.

Today the average biztard is either a paid shill (bcash, verge etc) or a desperate bagholder of shitcoins and therefore a useful idiot for the shills. Unsuspecting noobs comming to this place are at risk of falling for these scams and judging by the ratio of bitcoin/shitcoin threads, nearly all of them have.

I am gonna list a bunch of articles and books and hopefully at least a small percentage of lurkers will take the time to educate themselves, for their own good. Start with the articles, as they are faster and easier to digest. Then, if you get curious, continue with the new books from Saif and Aantonop. Scholars with a lot of time can continue with classics of Austrian economic school. You can get the books on gen.lib.rus.ec

WHY we need Bitcoin:
The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous - MUST READ
'The Internet of Money' by Andreas Antonopoulos

HOW Bitcoin grows and operates:
'The Bullish Case for Bitcoin' medium.com article
'On Schelling points, network effects and Lindy: Inherent properties of communication' medium.com article
'Mastering Bitcoin' by Andreas Antonopoulos

A great compilation of resources about Bitcoin can be found on lopp.net/bitcoin.html

Now some of you might stop investing in dogshit scams in hopes of getting rich over night and focus on important things.

>> No.10729622

>I only own BTC, please make me rich the thread

>> No.10729627

>increase the blocksize so lightning will work
>destroy any reason to use lighting

>> No.10729631 [DELETED] 
File: 232 KB, 1000x1167, 1525087202826.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

wot? did not read

>> No.10729634

>>10729599
Unironically good thread.

>> No.10729645

god you're stupid.

Imagine thinking bitcoin's current trajectory is towards anything except being digital gold for banks and a unit of account between them.

How dumb do you have to be to think normies will interact with the base layer or the 2nd layer when it will be extremely cost prohibitive and frankly technically impossible for the masses to create their own wallets and deposit funds to it and then from it to the LN smart contract.

Imagine how dumb you have to be to think anyone except the ultra rich and financial institutions will actually have cryptographic ownership of their own "money" if bitcoin wins.

Imagine being OP. Imagine how he immediately jumps to the erroneous conclusion that "you're a bcash shill xD" and was about to yell this out as if it would be any kind of valid point.

Fuck nchain
Fuck Blockstream
Fuck Bitmain
Fuck Satoshi and his 1m coins

Just fucking die already, useless piece of shit prototype coin.

>> No.10729650

>>10729599
WOW, I haven't heard this sentiment in this board 1000 times before. Tell me, OP, how did you come up with this original idea of yours?

>> No.10729652
File: 537 KB, 1232x1232, Bitcoin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here are two very good podcasts about Bitcoin:

stephanlivera.com
noded.org

Shills and trolls will be ignored.

>> No.10729658

>>10729645
>lol he still doesnt know about NIMIQ..

>> No.10729700

>>10729645
t. late adopter

>> No.10729723

>>10729645

Salty.

>> No.10729726

>>10729599
>WHY we need Bitcoin
>proceeds to list propaganda written by corecuck mouthpieces ie. greek faggot who had to beg for coins

>> No.10729730
File: 37 KB, 164x244, The Bitcoin Standard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another point I want to make is that Bitcoin will succeed regardless of your position towards it. While it is a software manifestation of a certain economic/political viewpoint (Austrian school of economics and the concept of sound money), it does not need a political agitation. It is the hardest money humanity has ever seen and ecenomic reality will impose bitcoin on population whether they want it or not. This is greatly illustrated in The Bitcoin Standard where half of the book is about the origin and history of money.

So the reason I am making this thread is not in hopes of neets purchasing a couple grands worth of bitcoin (as if it had any influence on market with 5 billion daily volume) but to offer at least some value to the unsuspecting poor souls comming to this place for information about crypto.

>> No.10729734

Too bad Bitcoin will never be $10k again

>> No.10729741

>>10729599

why do you think a lot of these chink scams and shit coins trade with BTC?

So they can sell the bitcoin you gave them.

>> No.10729848

>>10729599
Nice try schlomo. Bitcoin is doomed.

>> No.10730043
File: 131 KB, 850x854, __baiken_guilty_gear_and_guilty_gear_xrd_drawn_by_kureta_nikogori__sample-b3b57b0b22bfdc99e5811b145ea458ac.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10729730
become my mentor plz

>> No.10730154
File: 7 KB, 212x250, 5361717.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I take a pee standing up without your guidance in this rational market? The bottom line is that Bitcoin is extremely fucking boring and that's what makes it a great financial opportunity. If people can't be bothered to research the leading asset in a market that's not the fault of paid shills dude, that's just retards being retards. There may be discords punting microcaps but they're not in employment dude. The shitcoin game is more fun and more challenging and everyone enjoys that excitement. What people are shilling are their own bags and there are two modes.

I own it, it's a 100% guaranteed winner. If something bad happens to it, it's actually good
I don't own it, because it's a scam. If something good happens it's just a trap for normies

Owning BTC or any crypto is a very arrogant statement towards the current financial system. Believe a little bit in people and their instincts because people here have NEVER been much smarter than reddit.

>> No.10730251

>>10730154
people are selfish cancer if we wherent the world would have been a better place. Beliving is what woman says

>> No.10730284

whether people believe it or not, it's undeniable that for any other altcoin to ever get to the point where it's treated as serious money, and can therefore carry large non-speculative value, bitcoin must be out of the picture first.

the question is what happens if bitcoin ever does get out of the picture? can the illusion of value/scarcity carry over to one alt of hundreds of others? something that will inevitably also be "dethroned" at some point in the future just as it did to bitcoin?

this is an entirely new scenario that's never played out before ever, nobody has any idea what's going to happen, but i'd rather tale the bet on bitcoin than try to pick one out of a hundred alts, that keep fighting each other for the best "tech".

>> No.10730366

>>10730284
Exactly. The moment Bitcoin is displaced by another crypto as the #1 is the moment crypto has lost all credibility as a reliable Store of Value. This is why people contributing to the Bitcoin protocol development treat it as the most important project of this century and emphasize the Store of Value property as the necessary pre-cursor to other functions of money - Medium of Exchange and Unit of Account.

Luckily the chances of Bitcoin being overtaken are pretty much 0 as explained in the medium.com article 'On Schelling points, network effects and Lindy: Inherent properties of communication'.

>> No.10730413

>>10730366
the only other valid reason for a high valuation is for security in the case of true proof of stake (not dpos) coins, but that would only work if the network itself offered something more than just being a "value" token or asset.

and i think that whole area lives or dies at this point with ethereum.

>> No.10730825

>>10730413
Ethereum does not compete with Bitcoin to become a global money. At this point it is dubious whether it even has a reasonable use case apart from spawning shitcoins and whether it can scale.

I think the real bubble of 2017 was Ethereum and the rest of shitcoins, all of which are still grossly overvalued and need to go down another 99%, before we can call the end of bear market. It is possible that one or two projects from current crop of shitcoins will be successful 5-10 years down the road, but good luck picking them from the thousands of scams and even if you get lucky, none of them will come even close to valuation of Bitcoin.

>> No.10730958

>>10730825
>I think the real bubble of 2017 was Ethereum and the rest of shitcoins, all of which are still grossly overvalued and need to go down another 99%, before we can call the end of bear market. It is possible that one or two projects from current crop of shitcoins will be successful 5-10 years down the road, but good luck picking them from the thousands of scams and even if you get lucky, none of them will come even close to valuation of Bitcoin.

very much this. too many people have been absorbed by the "crypto space" and delude themselfs into thinking, that they just have to pick the "right" project and they will be fine. they won't.

>> No.10731010

>>10730825
i didnt say it did complete, just that it is the only other network that i can see gaining a necessarily high valuation under proof of stake, if smart contracts ever do break out as bitcoin has already done.

>> No.10731035
File: 1.33 MB, 2500x2499, 1534445043297.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10730825
Related:
> An (Institutional) Investor’s Take on Cryptoassets
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/john-pfeffer/An+Investor%27s+Take+on+Cryptoassets+v6.pdf

>Ether bearish Thesis: The Flippening of Market Irrationality
https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/tetrascapital/Tetras+Capital+-+Ether+%28ETH%29+Bearish+Thesis.pdf

>> No.10731045

>>10731010

>> No.10731146

>>10729599
So the only reason why any other altcoin can't follow the path on the pic is what?
>muh BTC was first
It's not a good enough reason.
Digital scarcity is DIGITAL. Anyone can make their own coin.
BTC shot itself in the head by choosing the LN path. It will now give a chance for other coins to be THE coin.

>> No.10731215

>>10731146
Read this article and stop being a desperate deluded bcash bagholder. You will feel liberated, I promise.

'On Schelling points, network effects and Lindy: Inherent properties of communication' medium.com article

>> No.10731298

>>10731045
?

>>10731146
and thats exactly why the concept of scarcity for "value" altcoins is already a shattered illusion. altcoins are infinite, and what makes altcoins non-infinite are centralized properties.

for any alt to matter it has to gain the social momentum bitcoin has been able to, ethereum made a little jump given so many shittokens and other developers rely on the ethereum network, but thats because they were the first truly different blockchain project, and had something immediate to offer users, not just "blockchain 2.0" so you can infinitely scale your value token nobody wants or accepts.

>> No.10731322

>>10729622
>I own shitcoins because i was too dumb to get bitcoin for a couple buckos please pump my bags

>> No.10731326

>>10731035
BTW these are also good analytical articles about the current state of market.

tl;dr stay away from shitcoins, accumulate as much BTC as possible before the next wave of adopters

>> No.10731355
File: 28 KB, 800x517, wealth.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10729645
>normies (which have no money) matter
how dumb you have to be

>> No.10731381

>>10729599
No matter how hard you try, lightning network will never work, guaranteed.

Get rid of that tumour while it's still manageable.

>> No.10731388

>>10731355
I never said BTC won't get a high valuation. I'm saying it's not going to fix anything for common people. There will be no monetary self-sovereignty. There will be no future as described in the white paper.

>> No.10731400

>>10731388
who wants to be common people anyway?

Get 21 BTC and enjoy local mogul status in 10 years.

>> No.10731488

>>10731381
Lightning Network is only one of several layer 2 scaling solutions. It's success or failure will not endanger the success of base layer protocol called Bitcoin. Which is the exact point of layered approach.

And as far as I know Lightning Network is shaping up very nicely and will have many amazing applications.

>> No.10731491

>>10731215
I read it now.
He claims in short that platforms tend monopolize to whatever comes early, is slightly better than competition and is good enough to actually be used.
Firstly I don't think the hardware analogies really apply here since it's a software and you only need to download another wallet to start using other currencies + the methodology is exactly the same: using private keys and QR codes for transactions.
I also don't agree that BTC has some supreme monetary policy that others don't. BCH would only become centralized if it grows too fast. Right now it can handle up to 30x more transactions without centralizing anything.
The better store of value is just because of higher market cap - the price has more inertia. Any other coin will have the same inertia if they're deflationary.
BTCs strategy is like: let's keep using dial-up modems. If you want a faster connection with somebody, just carry a cable to him or hope that one of your friends already did. Also these cables will wear out after transmitting 200 MB of data, so just make a new one.
BTC-s approach just isn't good enough for mass adoption. All these bankers and SEC people and institutions don't understand the technicalities, they just see it as some meme token that nerd use.
>>10731298
You're talking like everybody already uses BTC and it's too late for others. Hardly anyone uses crypto at all nowadays so this clearly not the case.

>> No.10731516

>>10731400
Dumb piece of shit. Enjoy your future high crime violent revolution powder keg dystopia from your mansion, with your detail of 2 cars with bodyguards to prevent you from being kidnapped like you're in venezuela or brazil.

>> No.10731522

>>10731381
>https://the.lightning.land/candy
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHoJYnP5lA&feature=youtu.be

Imagine being able to do this with micro payments to feed stray animals.

>> No.10731523

>>10729599
when it gets to global money, the transaction fee will be around $500?

>> No.10731528
File: 38 KB, 826x506, neckbeard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10731400

Pic related is you

>> No.10731566 [DELETED] 

>>10731522
Were you planning to feed mice?

>> No.10731567

>>10731516
you don't have to own cars or mansions. You rent everything from DAO companies. You just have to keep your private keys safe - nobody knows how much money you have so they can't rob you.

>> No.10731569

>>10731491
>All these bankers and SEC people and institutions don't understand the technicalities, they just see it as some meme token that nerd use.

Yeah man, these idiots just don’t *get it* like we do!

*sips Mountain Dew*

You’re a fucking idiot if you really believe Bitcoin is too complex for highly educated attorneys and bankers to figure out, fucking retard. Classic 4chan poster thinking he’s the smartest monkey in the room.

>> No.10731591
File: 9 KB, 534x407, Screenshot_2018-06-28-Volume-2-Issue-25.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10731522
Bch pls! Were you planning to feed mice?

>> No.10731603

>>10729599
Thank you, the only reason to buy shitcoins is to sell them higher to retards to get more bitcoins.

>> No.10731605

>>10731569
They know the current finance world way better that I'll ever do. They won't ever understand tech/programming like I do.

>> No.10731640

>>10731605
>They won't ever understand tech/programming like I do.

Dude, I worked in a bank as a developer. Let me tell you something : Banks have the best developers in the world. The kind of systems they develop is amazing. But since it's internal to the bank it is less visible than open soucre projects.

>> No.10731641

>>10731569
Also they only 'respect' BTC specificly because the market does.
The current market is 95% speculation where BTC only stays on an exchange and no blockchain transactions are actually done. So the market doesn't really know the technical limitations of BTC yet.

>> No.10731674

>>10731523
It will be much higher than equivalent of todays 500 usd on the base layer (blockchain) as the fees have to substitute the current inflationary incentive for miners. This is the exact reason why Bcash will sooner or later raise the coin cap, if it doesn't die long before that.
Individuals will be using second and third layer solutions, some trustless like Lightning Network and some trusted like Bitcoin backed banks (equivalent of 19th century gold standard).

>>10731491
Your misconception is that Bitcoin is just some app for making payments and that users can just switch to whatever they fancy. Bitcoin is a permissionless sound money protocol for communicating value globally and trustlessly.
Protocols do converge into one - which is the reason why we are communicating in English despite me not being native speaker. Also let me know when tcp/ip and https will be overtaken, its just a software afterall.
Millions of people are actually USING Bitcoin everyday to store value, something that bcashers have problem comprehending. Bcash cannot be a store of value as it schizophrenically mixes keynesian horseshit with the concept of sound money ("Its method of payment!" "We need vendors to accept it" "Fees have to be low, so I can purchase cofee"). The several hardforks bcash went through are solid evidence that it is centralized and that they will have 0 problems rasing the 21 million cap to keep miners incentive.

>> No.10731688

>>10731640
>Banks have the best developers in the world.
I do believe you.
But would you say that the following claim is legit?
>The people in charge of institutions and banks listen carefully to the advice of their best developers and have concluded that BTC with LN is the most technologically advanced/mature solution is is thus the only viable potential global currency.
I still think their guess is as good as mine or yours.

>> No.10731823

>>10731674
>Bitcoin is a permissionless sound money protocol for communicating value globally and trustlessly.
Any other crypto can still be that
>Also let me know when tcp/ip and https will be overtaken
it was good enough, BTC is not
>Millions of people are actually USING Bitcoin everyday to store value
Only maybe people in Ukraine/Venezuela/Turkey is it for that because their own currency sucks. Nobody else does, it's too soon for that right now. Also they're still mining it so there's no advatantage compared to other inflationary currencies

>> No.10731903

>>10731491
no, i'm talking like any possible social accumulation around altcoins will have to overcome equal or higher social accumulation by bitcoin.

and again, if you're argument is that some altcoins will gain social accumulation faster than bitcoin, then we're back to square one, with alts having to fight for their life against other newer better alts coming out every day, with better tech, more hype, and more speculators.

the alt cycle will never end, and it's only becoming exponentially harder for any altcoin to break out of that tech/hype churn.

>> No.10731936

>>10731591
>Bch pls!
This is how we know you are a thirdworlder

>> No.10731977

>>10731823
>Any other crypto can still be that
No it can't, as any kind of flippening will forever destroy the confidence of crypto being a store of value. If it can happen once, it can happen again and therefore it cannot ever happen, otherwise the whole crypto thing is done.
>it was good enough, BTC is not
That is your uneducated opinion. You can stand by it get rekt by the market, I don't really care.
>Only maybe people in Ukraine/Venezuela/Turkey
Even the best fiat currencies suck at keeping value compared to Bitcoin for obvious reasons. Once again, you can stand by your dumb opinion and store your value in fiat. It will workout great for sure!

>> No.10732058

>>10731641
While your point is true, my experience tells me that the altcoin market is 96 percent speculation where alts only stay on an exchange and no blockchain transactions are actually done. So the market doesn't really know the technical limitations of the various competitors yet, either.

I believe this helps cause the market to be out of touch with its own products from time to time

>> No.10732078

>>10731903
I do agree that there will always be better technology, but at some point it will be good enough and people won't care about the improvements.
I'm just very doubtful that BTC and LN will be good enough.

>> No.10732105

>>10731936
We? Bitcoin was meant to bring economic freedom to thirdworlders.
Its seriously fucked up when people are defending (((elite))) and claim to be bitcoin maximalists...

>> No.10732157
File: 33 KB, 1376x294, Socialism in a nutshell.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10731528
Pic related is you

>> No.10732179

>>10729599
> anon are you sneak FUD’ing? Bch IS bitcoin
Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, Calvin Ayre, The 8btc mod (19hZx234vNtLazfx5J2bxHsiWEmeYE8a7k), Jiang Zhouer, the bitcoin.com cofounder, the Coinbase founder - all BILLIONAIRES who can complete the flippening with their own cash TODAY.
They're not doing so because they'd rather invest in BCH adoption. BCH adoption is skyrocketing while btc adoption is dropping.
In a few years both St Kitts and Antigua will use BCH as their main currency (Roger is working on St Kitts, Calvin is investing in Antigua more money than their GDP exclusively because of BCH adoption), Craig Wright will increase transaction counts by circumventing corrupt governments in Africa for money transfers (this one is not certain but very possible considering his funding), Roger is speaking to VIP-s every other day, including Japanese bank CEO-s, stock exchange owners, etc. Brian Armstrong will push BCH and shit on BTC subtly every chance he gets, bitcoin.com wallet is the most popular mobile wallet and it literally shits on BTC, propaganda/censorship effects are fading, Purse just added BCH meaning that normies can use it to get 20% discounts on amazon, Koreans love BCH and they seem to matter at least as much as Americans and significantly more than eurofags, miners are looking for ways to destroy BTC in the next few years otherwise their profits will crumble, LN is proving more and more of a failure every single day, Wright will patent-troll startups into moving into BCH, tipping on github is now possible with bch, smart contracts are coming in November, stress tests are a massive success, charities are popularizing BCH in struggling countries (Venezuela today, others will join in if trouble arises), Free Society project is progressing well, Circle is adding BCH next few weeks, Ayre who became a billionaire from gambling is going to create BCH-only online casinos

>> No.10732193

>>10731491
>BCH would only become centralized if it grows too fast.
>what are spam attacks

Can't wait for your shitcoin to be cluttered in september.

>> No.10732239

>>10732078
BTC+LN is way better than anything third worlders could dream of.

>> No.10732265

>>10731516
>Dumb piece of shit.
That's you. We already live in such world. Just replace off-shore stuff with BTC. All they rich want is to preserve their wealth from getting cucked within the next Panama Papers leak.
You either join them or you get cucked.

>> No.10732269

>>10730825
>Ethereum does not compete with Bitcoin to become a global money
t. delusional bitcoin bagholder
ethereum flipped bitcoin on everything except pure speculative interest, while being technically superior in every possible aspect

>> No.10732368

>>10730413

Ark is going to export and offer its DPOS consensus mechanism to its forks and anything else. Its the most decentralized and lean consensus mechanism and not possible unless bribing (extremely costly and near impossible) the 51% of the voted delegates upon which the corrupted delegated can be quickly voted out and the network forging properly and everything reducing to normal (minutes-hours).

>> No.10732434

>>10732179
How could you use bcash as your main currency when it takes 10 minutes to send.

>> No.10732465

>>10731146
>Digital scarcity is DIGITAL. Anyone can make their own coin.
They can’t taking the hashing power with them. A lot of people don’t understand this yet it’s 2018.

>> No.10732488

>>10732434
It’s instant, brainlet. 0-conf

>> No.10732543

>>10732488
???

>> No.10732587
File: 55 KB, 308x326, D8232DBF-F615-4DB1-8C5F-4A6CF35093A1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No one talked about the decentralized oracle solution. Gulp

>> No.10732603
File: 75 KB, 1000x680, ethereum bloatchain 1tb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10732269
lol

>> No.10732613
File: 69 KB, 1843x637, satoshi on 0 confirmations.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10732488
imagine

>> No.10732654

>>10729599
how is Bitcoin ever gonna be a medium of exchange and global currency when its unusable as p2p cash? I hold mostly BTC but lets face it, the bankers bought it and its never gonna be used as money. best case is they'll use it to build an entire new monetary system on it (aka LN) and trade IOUs. then sooner or later they will decouple those "paper BTC" from BTC altgoether, like it has happened with gold over and over in the course of history.

>> No.10732679

>>10732654
because (((their plan))) is to introduce liquid tokens on the sidechains that act as a promissory note. how is this not obvious? "bitcoin is a store of value?"

>> No.10732724

>>10731516
>he doesn't know about the citadels

>> No.10732756
File: 59 KB, 645x729, brainlet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10732654
>will decouple those "paper BTC" from BTC altgoether
you cant, that's the whole point

>> No.10732978

>>10732756
of course you can they did the same with gold you mong

>>10732679
my post went over your head it seems.

>> No.10732994

>>10732603
>inb4 that's not a problem because I use myetherewallet
I swear ethereumtards are mentally retarded

>> No.10733047

>>10732654
if they use the lightning network they won't be able to.
Lightning is just another transport mechanism for bitcoin transactions. These transactions have to be valid for them to be accepted.
Lightning is not going to be the cause of the banking system because you cannot issue credit, you can only transport bitcoins. If there is ever a layer 3, in which you can transfer credit, then that layer will be the banking system.

>> No.10733088

>>10733047
>If there is ever a layer 3, in which you can transfer credit, then that layer will be the banking system.
oh that layer is coming this is how (((they ))) roll and how theyve done it for thousands of years. they used to shave off edges from gold coins and dilute the gold with lesser metals and then eventually you got worthless paper and no gold whatsoever. oldest trick in the book but the goyim keep falling for it

>> No.10733182
File: 3.64 MB, 309x313, 1520130745439-g.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10732978
>digital asset that can be easily transfered from anywhere to anywhere within one hour will become just as centralized as a physical asset, that is super expensive to store, guard and transport

>> No.10733216

>>10733088
I don't doubt it. We must be vigilant for that layer. However, we must keep in mind lightning is not that layer. Lightning is a positive innovation. It is absolutely needed to reduce the number of on chain transactions. If we can build lightning out successfully, as in have each shop run a lightning node, etc., we might be able to rebuild out society so we can't issue credit. Credit cards, and other debt slavery devices will not be available to the general populous.

>> No.10733262

>>10733182
you still dont get it, do you? it doesnt matter one bit if its gold or BTC, they will simply come up with some bullshit reason. at one point in time when the entire financial system runs on BTC as reserve they will simply be like "oy vey we have this paper BTC and it works really well. but this outdated real BTC thing, oy vey goyim, it takes a lot of electricity, it needs all these computahs. think about the environment goym. how about we just get rid off it altogether and just trade paper BTC, its much more convenient." and retards like you will fall for it as they always have. this cycle has literally been playing out since thousands of years. they are already pretesting bullshit (((narratives))) like "btc creates climate change" if you havent noticedd. and thanks to (((blockstream))) and their bullshit block size limit transfers will be so ridiculously expensive that nobody can afford to send real BTC anymore. if you werent such a newfag maybe you remember what happened with tx costs during the last bullrun. btw you should google dunning kruger, you are embarrassing yourself trying to make fun of posts you obviously dont understand.

>> No.10733318

>>10733216
>We must be vigilant for that layer
just like we should've been vigilant when the fucking rothschilds bought out blockstream and decided to irreversible alter the code with (((segwit))) and take transactions offchain eh? the damage is already done dude. its always baby steps and people are too retarded to notice. LN effectively destroyed the original idea of BTC as a p2p decentralized cash.

>> No.10733357
File: 12 KB, 258x245, PlzStap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10729599
You are delusional.
Bitcoin will never reach widespread use because the UX is dogshit which makes it hard to use by both normies and merchants.

You are just trying to reassure yourself because you are realizing altcoins are booming everywhere developing fast and coming with new solutions for user experience and scalability while Blockstream is going at snail pace and selling you promises that maybe one day (in few years) it will actually not be slow as shit, of course it doesn't tackle the fact it's still too hard to use for normies.

Bitcoin maximalists are terrified to be the Myspace of a coming Facebook, reminder that Teamspeak lost to Discord, direct current lost to alternative current and steam engine to combustion engine.
It's not enough to be decentralized (arguable for Bitcoin) and secure, you have to be usable by the plebs and Bitcoin is a mess when it comes to that.

>> No.10733416

>>10733357
That's why core cuck maximalist want layer 2. Because layer 1 is incomprehensible to most normies who do not know (nor want to know) what the fuck a block is.
Core cucks are scared of tier 3 and 4 chains coming online that not only capture more use cases, but also have no fees and instant transactions. The two things required for normies to use without understanding

>> No.10733472
File: 28 KB, 652x367, 1499679668422-pol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10733262
Except bitcoin was created precisely to deal with this scenario. There are hundreds of BTC whales who will never give up their private keys and the moment someone tries fractional reserve fuckery with Bitcoin, these whales will perform speculative attacks on the paper currencies. And at that point the fractional reserve banks are fucked because there is no lender of last resort to provide liquidity (aka central bank).

It's funny how Dunning Kruger is always name dropped by the living examples themselves. Additionally its not suprising that conspiracy theorist using ((())) is also a bcash idiot.

>> No.10733523

>>10733472
>Conspiracy theorist using ((()))

Are you retarded?

>> No.10733552

>>10733318
all segwit does is move the signatures into a seperate data structure, called the witness. They're still there, and their hash is included in the blockspace, (I believe in the coinbase of a transaction if I'm not mistaken). The reason why we needed it was to fix transaction malleability (where bitcoin transactions can be modified and rebroadcasted by a malicious actor).

There's nothing wrong with taking transactions off-chain, so long as they are valid bitcoin transactions. There is no difference between a lightning transaction and a bitcoin transaction. They are the same. They are both equally as valid. The difference between them is distinguished by who actually actually is receiving and validating the transaction. On chain transactions are validated by the whole world (which is obviously more resource intensive), and off chain are validated by the party you are transacting with.

You can open a lightning channel with any party you wish. It is still p2p, its just another way of transacting.

>> No.10733567

>>10732269
i still won't touch it ever.
all it took was one hard fork for the wrong reasons to put it to shitcoin category for all eternity.

>> No.10733568
File: 117 KB, 1199x794, 1200px-Boeing_707-138B_Qantas_Jett_Clipper_Ella_N707JT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10731903
>and again, if you're argument is that some altcoins will gain social accumulation faster than bitcoin, then we're back to square one, with alts having to fight for their life against other newer better alts coming out every day, with better tech, more hype, and more speculators.

But that relies on the false premise that Bitcoin works fine as a payment protocol so that there is only space for marginal improvement which aren't worth the hassle, protip: it's not the case.

In all technologies at some point you hit a plateau, a good example are transport planes which base design didn't change that much in 70 years after a technological boom between the beginning of WW1 and the end of WW2. Bitcoin right now is the fucking Wright Flyer, not the Boeing 707.

>> No.10733621

>>10732078
that logic just doesn't follow, because if the tech ever gets "good enough" then it's not going to only be one alt that has "good enough" tech, it's going to be tens, maybe even hundreds.

and tech is literally the least important part of making a cryptocurrency money. look at bitcoin, arguably the largest protocol in cryptocurrency with the least number of significant changes in the past few years, and yet it's good enough to stay well ahead of everything else.

tech doesn't drive the valuations, it's the other way around. become valuable, used, cared about, and everyone will work their asses off to make sure it can scale, stay secure, and usable.

>>10732269
it's already been thoroughly explained why ethereum can't just become bitcoin, or a better store of value. ethereum's valuation has to be down to its utility, and the dependance of monetary value controlled by that utility. anything less is speculative, and not sustainable in the long term.

>>10732368
dpos is a failed system, developed by people too eager to move away from proof of work, without understanding how to make an equally secure and decentralized consensus mechanism. ark is yet another failed altcoin.

>>10732488
zero-conf is just as usable on bitcoin as any bitcoin copy+paste/fork. i.e., entirely unusable, because the tx pool is not part of the consensus and miners a couple of years after bitcoin was created, decided that they would modify their tx selection by fee, not time.

>>10732603
using the archive node size is meaningless because nobody needs all the past states of the ethereum blockchain to validate it back to genesis. ethereum is capable of much more granular pruning and in the future deletion of past data that the at rest size of the blockchain is the least of ethereum's scaling concern.

>>10732994
ironic considering you don't even understand the issue you replied to.

>> No.10733659

>>10733416
i dont think you really understand what you're typing. the miners are the ones so terrified of any layered solution that they went and forked bitcoin just so they could hope no layered solution would be necessary, of course that didn't work out.

your hypothetical layer 3 and 4 are exactly what people want to see, because they all cement bitcoin as being a "global" currency. nobody that supports bitcoin other than the mining middlemen are against layering. it was a talking point ever since bitcoin was created.

>>10733567
if anything is going to cause long term problems for ethereum, to the point where adoption is impossible, it's definitely the dao bailout

>>10733568
no, it relies on the assumption that adoption follows tech, which just isn't the case for 99.9% of altcoins out there, and 100% for any alt that doesn't do anything other than "payments".

the developers, whether contributing to the blockchain client itself, or layers built on top, or just tertiary services, exchanges, wallets, merchants, all follow the crowd, and teh crowd doesn't follow tech, it all follows itself.

>> No.10733664 [DELETED] 

>>10729599

yea obviously

>> No.10733839

>>10729622
First post, worst post

>> No.10733842
File: 2.34 MB, 498x396, cormano.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just buy the dips dummy

Whenever the price inflates suddenly don't freak out and start panic trading. Just keep calm, and buy the dips each time.

The bigger the dip, the more money you should be putting down.

>> No.10733863

>>10731491
>I also don't agree that BTC has some supreme monetary policy that others don't
10 years of not being hacked Sweetie.
Good luck catching up with that.

>> No.10733884

>op deliberately avoids mentioning eth
you can feel the sweatdrops from here
yes, yes, for you it's a shitcoin
just another shitcoin, right?
just another shitcoin, in no way different, and certainly not a threat
bitcoin will prevail!
:)

>> No.10733918

>>10732994
>every ethereum user should run an archive node else it's not decentralized
>but it's ok for asic megacorps mostly located in china to own 90% of btc hashpower, and to trust LN operators for your transactions

>> No.10734006

>>10733659
>the developers, whether contributing to the blockchain client itself, or layers built on top, or just tertiary services, exchanges, wallets, merchants, all follow the crowd, and teh crowd doesn't follow tech, it all follows itself.

And the crowd bought Bitcoin it went up and dropped it like a sack of shit just after the trend stopped.
Why? Because it's crappy, it doesn't work as intended: a way to transfer value and a payment protocol.
Bitcoin adoption has made no progress, in fact it has been severely hampered by the high fees and for the few normies who did more than buying some coins on Coinbase (ie: actually tried to use it) saw it was complicated, slow and with crazy cost.

I don't own any BCH but I can totally understand why Ver went his own way after shilling for years for Bitcoin when Blockstream refused to up the blocksize because in the process they sabotaged a golden occasion to convert normies when they finally got their attention (something that will not come back anytime soon), in fact iff BTC was usable and accessible we would maybe still be in a bull market right now because it would be unstoppable until the government and banks decided to go full militarized action against it by attacking the network and the market.

Now it's done for, Bitcoin will always retain this image of "not ready" prototype that is fundametntally too flawed to handle what it was created for, not only that but they are tens of thousand of developpers out there who observed the failure, formulated potential solutions and are all coming with their own stuff while Bitcoin is suffering from an enormous inertia.

>> No.10734055

>>10733884
Ethereum shares a lot of the problems of Bitcoin but at least they aren't deluded and understand the competition is still very open.
In the meantime bitcoin maximalists think it's already won by drinking their own kool aid all day and avoiding looking at the stuff that is done out there because it makes them feel uneasy.

>> No.10734215
File: 374 KB, 568x681, youIRL.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10734055

>> No.10734248

>>10734006
you're talking about speculators, speculators are a dime a dozen, and mostly just interested in flipping altcoins.

all of what you're saying is entirely tangential, whenever there's been adoption, it's aways come in waves with bitcoin leading, and other niche alts following. which alts depend on what year it is, it's a different bunch from 2012, 13, 15, 17, and 18. the point is so far nothing has even managed to make any inroads on non-speculative adoption, even with all it's tech problems.

>done for
just once again missing the point. bitcoin can't be done for unless you expect SoV to be a lost cause for cryptocurrency as a whole. again, it has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with tech.

>> No.10734260
File: 32 KB, 558x614, grayons.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10732978
yeah because gold had an immutable ledger in which you could check accounting derivatives being legit or not at any time

>> No.10734272

I cant wait for BTC maximalists to get fucking REKT

>> No.10734307

>>10733918
>it's ok having vitalik dictating monetary policy in an ever growing clusterfuck

>> No.10734322

>>10734272
>BTC maximalists
where i'm from we just call them early adopters, and you'll have to literally kill cryptocurrency for them to feel any pain.

>> No.10734586
File: 6 KB, 305x165, 1532829288956.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10729599
>Bitcoin is the ONLY project that matters
correct. just hope you picked the right Bitcoin...

>> No.10734600
File: 55 KB, 1024x863, b (1357).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10734586

this

>> No.10734989

>>10734586
Good think you linked the wrong one so we know what to look out for.

>> No.10735156
File: 231 KB, 371x461, 1455203290267.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here, I'd just like to thank all the bcash and ethereum shills/bagholders for showing off their stupidity and bumping the thread while I was at the gym and having a dinner. Hopefully many lurkers today have updated their views thanks to reading the articles and seeing the absolute dogshit "arguments" made here by aforementioned idiots.

I think this could develop into a nice Bitcoin daily general, where we post links to interesting podcasts and articles and do a Q&A refuting the most frequent tripe.

>> No.10735194

>>10735156
A daily bitcoin (bch) thread would be great

>> No.10735350

>>10735156

get with the trend, friend.

>> No.10735429
File: 676 KB, 517x334, very.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10735194
If you need to specify, it's a shitcoin.

>> No.10735431
File: 2.58 MB, 3000x4096, 1482452964972.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10735350
You mean the trend of bcash going to 0 while bitmain and Ver desperately try to shill their millions of non-liquid bcash bags by teaming up with an obvious scammer pretending to be Satoshi? Yeah I occasionaly have a laugh at that.

>> No.10735572

>>10729599
Bitcoin is a huge success because it is well thought idea with an actual use case: create a self-sustainable free money exchange system. All aspects of this system have a meaning and push a cart before the horse like bazillions of shitcoins do

>> No.10735600

Wait are we all autistic. If you really BELIEVE in your heart of hearts that Bitcoin is becoming a banker coin this unironically makes me want to buy 100k. Yah, lets just stay poor and just listen to what known scammers, pajeets, and con artists tell us or buy some of the future at a 70% discount as the rest of the market loses dominance. I own my bitcoin and if the Jews and governments are going to pump it and start feudalism 2.0 and I profit awesome!!! How are you even making arguments against this... Buy the losing side guys all the big money is supporting (((bitcoin))). We actually finally won and can be part of this group but I like what pajeet has to offer.

If you have the foresight to see this (((conspiracy))) and knowledge to be able to purchase the literal future at a huge discount, and you don't you are just willfully retarded. Like Jesus fucking Christ retarded. You do realize if you truly believe this conspiracy you can purchase right now for less than $100 over 1% of a bitcoin that will probably buy you a mansion in 10 years.

I am not selling Bitcoin until 3 more halvings so 10 years but I will buy the #1 coin regardless. You all can keep mental masturbating this isnt hard.

>INB4 BCASH is the real banker coin.

>> No.10735705
File: 123 KB, 1032x480, cash.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10735600
Clearly bcash is satoshi's vision anon. Bcore going to zero, hahahahahah. BLOCKSTREAM BUILDERBERG AXA ILLUMINATI JEWS OWN BCORE NOW AND LIGHTING VISA CREDIT CARD FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING LOL KEK KEK CORE KEK CRAIG IS SATOSHI TREAD CAREFUL. MINERS BITMAIN CUM IN MY ASS DADDY

>> No.10735726
File: 3.85 MB, 400x373, laugh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bear market
>everyone hates alts now because they shockingly underperform btc
>bit-coin maximalists crawl out of the woodwork to prey on the weak for new additions to their cult
in case you haven't already, this is when you should start scoping out possible entries in alts

>> No.10735759

>>10735705
I dont really understand your point but yah if (((they))) own bitcoin why the hell would I sell my only leverage. Lol. I dont understand Bcash arguments. They only make me want to double down. BLOCKSTREAM has all this power bitcoin is hijacked. I see the price and market dominance yah I am just going to pick the winning team.

>> No.10735773

>>10735726
What bags you trying to sell.

>> No.10735829

>>10735773
TRX and LINK

>> No.10735858

I'm late to this thread but the problem is not in altcoins, but in people not realizing that alts are just a means to increase your BTC stack. If you're looking at your portfolio in dollars, or discussing price in dollars, you don't belong in crypto. And yes, obviously BTC is king.

>> No.10736595

>>10735726
You are right that Bitcoin maximalism is a cult. You need a cult-like conviction to achieve the goals of this project, which is to establish global sound money system. Have fun chasing pumps, however. Nothing wrong with that, if you can actually make a good profit.

>> No.10737066

>>10729599
>That chart

So bitcoin will only go to 45k ever and it pretty much stops there?

>> No.10737079

BITCOINCONNEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCT

>> No.10737090

>>10729599
Anyone else down they’re not a oldfag from 2013 and before ?