[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 51 KB, 657x527, 1522969970823.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10489090 No.10489090 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw was away from /biz/ and crypto for a week
>tfw I come back and nothing changed, shitcoins still bleeding, Bitcoin still barting, /biz/ still shit
>tfw the past week was the most stress-free and calm I've had in a while
Seriously thinking of pulling out all my money. Crypto is dead and by staying in I'm just stressing myself over pump and dumps, it's just not worth the extra gray hairs.
I strongly recommend you guys to take a break, you'll come back wiser and sharper. If you never took a break from crypto you are literally still living in a bubble which has already burst, it's not good for your mental health.

>> No.10489108

>>10489090
You're a moron. Don't invest in shitcoins and you don't have to worry about a "bubble popping."

Absolutely zero adoption has yet to take place.

>> No.10489134

>>10489108
The problem is, all coins are shitcoins. All of them. And there will be no adoption, we simply don't NEED cryptos. That's exactly what I'm talking about, you are still living in the bubble. Get out and look back, you'll see how foolish this whole crypto thing is.

>> No.10489171

>>10489108
>absolutely zero adoption has yet to take place

and it never will. Crypto is a meme. It's had plenty of exposure, and the normies got skittish. Unless or until a major financial institution starts shilling a coin, it isn't going to happen. And at that point, it's their coin you're going to want, not anything out there right now.

Wake me up when Bank of America is putting out an ICO.

>> No.10489273

Oy vey.

Good luck then guys. Don't know what to tell you if this is your perspective.

>> No.10489290

>>10489171
>>absolutely zero adoption has yet to take place
>Unless or until a major financial institution starts shilling a coin, it isn't going to happen.
SWIFT is working with a crypto right now can you guess which one

>> No.10489327

>>10489273
Have you ever stopped to think about the normie's perspective? why in the hell would they go through the process of buying cryptos just to spend them on coffee if the current system works for them? You are thinking from an investor's perspective, which is not helpful since you will always think positively about your investment.

>> No.10489351

>>10489327
No, I'm thinking from a perspective of large companies developing smart contracts that save them large sums of money. You have a very naive perspective on what this space is for.

>> No.10489376

whether alts are dead or not, nobody is becoming a millionaire in crypto anymore, that ship sailed almost a year ago.

>> No.10489395

>>10489327
You can't even think of the use cases of blockchain. If you asked people what they wanted before cars, they would've said a faster horse. You sound exactly like boomers talking about the Internet bubble, which in no way compares in scale to the last crypto bubble. Get out if you want. Call us delusional. But it's just getting started.

>> No.10489409

>>10489351
Why would smart contracts pump your shitcoins? Why would they use your shitcoins anyway? Smart contracts are a meme just like crypto currencies. If the idea was so revolutionary it would have been invented and adopted in the software boom.

>> No.10489416

>>10489351
Lmao give one reason a company needs a smart contract

>> No.10489425 [DELETED] 

>>10489090
>>>/pol/180582140

>> No.10489432

>>10489134
>we simply don't NEED cryptos
Tell that to Venezuela and Ukraine where people don't dare to hold their own currencies because of superinflation.
Only about 1.5 billion people have access to a stable currency, credit card, loans etc. And this is thanks to first world countries leeching off from the rest of the world. I mean you might be cool with it because you're better off than most people.

>> No.10489460

>>10489395
This is why brainlets and normies are currently discouraged. They can't even fathom simple use cases like blockchain for supply chain stuff or consumer good history...let alone more complex ideas like for collaborative ideas between two large companies that enable mutual consensus...or medical records shared between large, separate entities.

>> No.10489462
File: 43 KB, 630x630, 1530989506049.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10489090
Thanks for your concern fren, I'm really glad that your vagina isn't hurting anymore.

>> No.10489466

>>10489395
Cope out answer, you basically "invented" a technology and now waiting for others to find uses for it. It never works that way. Crypto was invented to be used as a currency and it failed. All the offshoots are just people scamming dumb people out of their money.

>>10489432
So what? did it magically fix Venezuela? kek

>> No.10489475

>>10489460
You don't need a blockchain for that. In fact, SQL works better

>> No.10489511

>>10489432
So I am hoping to pawn my bags off people who have no money. Oh Lawd have mercy. Im talking about needing to liquidate 10k plus of baggage.

>> No.10489546

>>10489475
maybe if you want to get bogged down with red tape, contracts, paper work, etc, or have unnecessarily long times elapse to get shit done that should be very quick among many other issues.

>> No.10489567

I understand bitcoin but everything else is dumb. How the hell would I ever use any of these scams in my life to make it better. I am buying vaporware so a company buys my bags so they have better inventory... Why wont they just make there own crypto. 99% of these coins are all pre-mined anyways. Just like the .com crash where everything was junk distributed ledger technology only has a few applications. If bitcoin survives and thrives past a few more halvings it will be a good store of value.

>> No.10489570

>>10489475
>>10489327
https://medium.com/@nic__carter/visions-of-bitcoin-4b7b7cbcd24c

> Anyone who has been around Bitcoin long enough should be able to perform a similar analysis.
> A postscript: Hasu and I are not claiming to have created an authoritative account of Bitcoin's narrative history – we thought "someone should take a stab at this," and did.

Just for the corn. I thought this would be more helpful for the goldbugs but the point is that you're not going to get a December run tomorrow but it's not more monopoly money than when you first bought.

>> No.10489582

Look, I really don't care, most cryptocurrencies ARE dumb. But not all of them. I've made a lot of money in this space. I'm developing two separate large products for big companies right now, and I'm invested in certain cryptocurrencies that I'm confident will make me a lot more money within the next couple of years.

If you think the space is dumb, well, that's too bad. I hope you find some other lucrative investments in which you believe, but many large industries will be using blockchain and thereby certain cryptocurrencies in the forthcoming few years.

>> No.10489614

>>10489582
I made money off crypto too, doesn't mean it's going to take off. We were just lucky to be early before the dumb money.

>> No.10489621

>>10489466
>So what? did it magically fix Venezuela? kek
No because BTC isn't big enough yet. It has to reach a market cap at least comparable to gold and have much more vendor acceptance to achieve a stable price. Volatility seems high, but % wise it is getting less and less with the growth of market cap.
Once it gets stable, it will be a savior to countries with hopelessly corrupt governments.

>> No.10490027

>>10489511
They will be the late adopters who will just use it for everyday life without a purpose to profit from it.
My biggest hope for buying our bags is that people are incentivised to avoid taxes so a big chunk of everyday businesses (including 'illegal' businesses) will move to that ecosystem