[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 247 KB, 1841x879, fucking missed the fucking opportunity.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10074238 No.10074238 [Reply] [Original]

Someone else here hating himself for not picking up that one opportunity to becoming finally independent?

Every now and then, especially when iam drunk, i could cry that didnt had the luck and choose to do the thing which would make me happy. God damnit, i mean, good thing that there are neetbucks over here where i live, but still. Shit sucks, life sucks if you have no financial stability.

This one chance, i even heard about bitcoin in 2011, was about to put in 300€ but i didnt, after all these years this still haunts me, god damnit.

Sorry about this offtopic blogpost but i have nearly nobody to tell this and you guys are like friends, thanks for reading.

>> No.10074290

Yes, all of us. I bought 2 coins for $10 each in 2011, and some Doge in 2013. Could have been rich though. I even setup automatic coinbase buying when they first released the feature but then got banned from buying without them ever responding to my tickets.

>> No.10074292

The past is past man, look towards the future

>inb4 boomer posting

>> No.10074329

>>10074238
currency-blockchain bubble = BTC
developer bubble= ETH
smart contract bubble= LINK

Don't miss the next train

>> No.10074359
File: 6 KB, 233x216, 1528724118440s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thats the way she goes.

>> No.10074400

>>10074290
I set up a CB account when they were first a business... they were called something else then I think? I went back in my email to find it to see if I had anything in the account. Just looking at the email I suddenly remembered I was about to deposit $1000 which I remember was going to get me like 65 BTC at the time and my girlfriend (now wife) asked me to help her with something. I figured I'd deal with it later and then I just forgot about it completely. I wouldn't have been a millionaire but it would have been easy money. Fast forward to early 2017 and I dumped money in by the bucket load. In Dec/Jan I should have cashed out some and I knew it, but I thought this was my chance after all these years. I held on. I panicked and re-distributed over and over on the way down and eventually lost everything and then some. I could have had like $350k now from $1k and instead I have like $5k from $20k. What the actual fuck.

>> No.10074435
File: 19 KB, 552x105, Screenshot_2018-06-28_16-47-20link.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074329
Hahahahahaha

Yes OP, don't miss the train to fuckin pound town. It's going sub-ICO price.

>> No.10074454

>>10074435
good i like to buy at low prices do you buy high anon ?

>> No.10074473
File: 53 KB, 197x190, Comfyandhappy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074435
>mfw soon 1000usd will get me 10k linkies

>> No.10074492

>>10074238
If you really believed in the tech you would have invested. Sure a lot of us heard about it, but those who acted on it because they believed in the idea were the ones who got rewarded.

>> No.10074507

>>10074400
65 btc would have actually made you a millionaire if you sold near the top

>> No.10074508

>>10074290
Try harder, they need to respond, be more persistent. But i guess now its too late.

>>10074292
Easy to say, how can i do that when i remember that i could be happy by now.

>>10074329
LINK is already dead, whats the next train?

>>10074359
There must be losers so there can be winners, i guess.

>>10074400
I was about to buy 100btc when they were like 5€, each, didnt because i went on a camping trip with friends, hate myself for it. But then, i guess i would've sold them when they were 100€ or so. Why couldnt i have bought 200k for 500€ and fell into a coma until a few months ago.

>>10074435
Cmon, LINK is already a meme. Rather buy some chink ico or smth.

>>10074473
I will soon put 4k into ethereum since i think thats the safest way to at least double and 1k into some promising >x10 coin. Wont make me rich though, i just want to feel that nice feel of being safe, without needing to worry about money, fucking shit, everyone wants that but still.

>> No.10074520

>which would make me happy

Great news for you:

Today's society is constructed such that a false idea of happiness is constantly imposed on everyone. Every advertisement you watch, even just by seeing people with fancy cars or watches, contributes to your belief in artificial joy derived from materialism. This is so deeply ingrained in us that we don't even realize the half of it.

Fortunately, it's wrong. Both in that becoming rich won't make you happy, not for more than 3 hours at least, and that being poor won't make you unhappy (stressed, maybe, if you're day to day but not 'unhappy').

What brings us happiness, although hard to attain these days what with everyone so obsessed with their material goals, is simply a few things:

Finding meaning in work and hobbies - a greater purpose than a paycheck.

Being included in AND valued by many people / a community. Being isolated is literally bad for your health.

Staying in touch with nature as often as possible, and believing in a better future.

Before you start, money won't help you get any of these things. They're all free. (Sort of - Unless you're below the poverty line, then...). This board is obsessed with 'making it' in crypto so they can fuck off to a beach, drink, and have sex with hookers. This is commonly accepted as a life goal when in reality, it is one of the loneliest and most meaningless outcomes you could possibly have, except for maybe being shot in the woods somewhere.

I just read a book on this kind of stuff, so I hope it helps. This type of thing - helping others, feels meaningful, and makes me happy (for example).

>> No.10074545

>missed btc
>missed eth
>missed ripple
>mussed antshares
>missed stellar
>missed raiblocks
i have known about, believed in, and invested in crypto since 2011. and i sit here today with portfolio worth 17.5 btc about 100k. just enough to afford a rope

>> No.10074569

>>10074238
the trick to winning pyramid schemes is go in on the floor and leave.

this cycle has ended, get in on the next one.

>> No.10074601

>>10074520
I just want money to make my dreams come true, get myself a meaning into my life, get myself some small farm, keeping some animals and care for them. I cant do that without anything, i need to be a fucking millionaire for this shit, otherwise i would need to work in a meaningless shitty job to keep that. Life is shitty if you actually need to work in a shitty job, and to be able to work in a great job you need to be qualified as shit.

>>10074545
You have that at least, i have just 600€ in my portfolio, what should i say.

>> No.10074605
File: 67 KB, 413x600, 2183059_stock-sergey-man-with-money-in-a-hand.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074601
>>10074508
how is chainlink dead you stupid retard? no wonder you will stay forever poor.
you don't want to buy low? are you really that stupid that you make the same mistake for a third time?

>> No.10074615

>>10074601
link is dead based on what the price ? price is the last resort you will look when investing. This is why you are never gonna make it stay poor

>> No.10074650

>>10074601
Understandable. That kind of work situation is shitty.

On a side note, look at the post you replied to. Someone who has 100k, yet it's not enough. Neither is 1 mil, 10 mil, or anything else.

>> No.10074675

>>10074605
>>10074615
>third time
You are shilling that shit since forever and other than on this board its not noticed, you are using all these buzzwords and i heard the "then stay poor" phrase so often. LINK seems like the typically shitcoin, only idiots fall for it, i dunno how it gets shilled here so often, probably the devs are paying you to shill it so hard or whatever. Gimme one example when it was a nice time to invest in it, it didnt even go x100 like other coins, best it could do was x10.

Tell me what it has that other coins dont, you just shill it all the time, without any real reason.

>> No.10074705

>>10074650
100k isnt enough, its enough when you have enough if you dont need to work a single day in your life anymore and that amount usually begins at 5-10million, depending on where you live of course. And even then you arent really safe, i guess at a networth of 100million you will truly become happy and feel a security, because you cant really get through that much money if you are not a total fucktard and have no shitty financial advisor who fucks you over.

>> No.10074751
File: 59 KB, 199x200, smoking oracles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074675
why don't do your own research? here you sit and complain you can't find the x1000 coin while everyone rubs it into your face, daily.
will you kill yourself when smart contracts become a thing and makes everyone on this board rich but you?
maybe you are just too dumb to figure it out, I mean it makes sense that not everyone is supposed to be rich.

>> No.10074778

>>10074751
>>10074615
>>10074650
I mean lets take a look at the numbers, do you really think that it will be one of the top coins with over 50b market cap? 50b market cap would mean 50 dollar per 1 LINK, do you hold enough to become rich with it? Its at 50 million market cap right now you would need to stick in at least 7k $ to reach 1million when LINK reaches 50b market cap which ethereum hasnt even now, of course you could say that on ATH ethereum had 150b market cap but do you REALLY think that LINK will reach 50b or even higher?

>> No.10074840
File: 31 KB, 660x574, 1495496859399.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074778
>do you really think
see thats your entire problem, you are too dumb to think for yourself, or maybe just too lazy.
even if you buy link and become very wealthy, you will eventually lose it all because you don't do your own research so its only a matter of time until someone smarter decides to shake you out.

>> No.10074844

>>10074705
I think you might've missed the point. Not working a day in your life ever again won't make you happy. The loss of structure will make you lethargic, unless you are astonishingly good at finding effective uses for your time when you have no needs to take care of. I'd say all you need is enough to sustain you the bare minimum while while you work whatever job you enjoy. Something like being a fishing guide - if you love fishing. Doesn't pay much, but it will give you purpose. Money only matters to keep you alive and afford you whatever basic luxuries you might want from time to time. If you really think differently, I can understand. Just know that 1) society has worked very hard to drill that belief into you - not any one particular entity, but many all working in their own self-interest. and 2) you may be disappointed if / when you get there and find out its not all that it seems.

>> No.10074864

>>10074520
>Being isolated is literally bad for your health
explain

>> No.10074936

>>10074840
Then enlighten me instead of shitpost, you havent really said anyhting, disprove me. You need to reach 50b market cap with Chainlink to get a price of 50$ per LINK, do you have enough LINK to become a millionaire when it reaches this amount? Do you really think that it will become a coin with a market cap of 50b with all those coins around?

>>10074844
Some people maybe, not me, if i become rich i know that i will be happy because all these experiences would make me happy and i wouldnt have this stress and pressure anymore. You dont seem to understand my point, for me, if i need to work then it would be shitty since i cant work the jobs i want to. For me money would mean that i could try out and test everything, i would get myself some work without worrying and if i dont like the work i would search something different, i wouldnt do nothing, i would just dont have that pressure anymore and i could focus on my passions. I have so many hobbies which consume much money, i could finally do them without needing to worry. I would be free. I dont care about hookers or cars or expensive shit to impress other people, i just want to do the stuff i want, i want to care about animals, i want to travel, i want to go after my hobbies which i cant at the moment. I would love to simply get into the woods for 5 months working on wood until i get bored and decide to learn welding or whatever, i would do all these things right now but i cant because i dont have the financial stability and freedom. I know that i could do that if i really want to but i dont want to leave my comfort zone and my safety, which i wouldnt care about if i wouldnt need to care about money.

>> No.10074960

>>10074864
The human is a social animal, if you arent autistic you need to fullfill this basic need. If you are autistic like me then congrats, you need only a minimal amount of social contacts.

>> No.10075003

>>10074864
There were studies done. I can't quite remember the details, but basically stress levels (cortisol in saliva) were measured in 'lonely' and 'non lonely' people. Turns out lonely people have high cortisol compared to non lonely, which is bad - chronic stress ages and weakens you.

Secondly, "micro awakenings", aka short disruptions in sleep that you are not aware of when you wake up, occur frequently in lonely people, but not in non lonely people. These micro awakenings I assume can fuck up the natural cycles your brain undergoes, and therefore have a similar effect to that of not getting enough sleep.

The evolutionary explanation is being lonely - separated from your community, your protection, is extremely dangerous - we humans have no defense mechanisms. To overcome this, we have to be alert at all times (lonely people have faster reaction times in noticing threats than non lonely, and typically interpret events as hostile), and this requires an elevated nervous system. Even when we are sleeping, we cannot be truly relaxed. We need groups where we are secure and desired. Absolutely need them. Short term loneliness might be OK, but chronic loneliness is a spiraling path to depression (this has been proven in studies as well).

>> No.10075008

>>10074864
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/11/well/mind/how-loneliness-affects-our-health.html

>> No.10075033

>>10074936
Okay yeah that makes sense. A reasonable exception to my point. As long as you aren't hyper focused on the wasteful lifestyle that most people are.

>> No.10075052

>>10074238
Mother fucker I started mining bitcoins on my PC in 2009 shortly after the source code was released. I loved the idea, but didn't think the world was ready for something like BTC, Thought it was a waste of my time and deleted everything. That computer is long gone.
I watched BTC and ETH from the side lines but never bought in because I was bitter about missing out on the gains.
It's fucking stupid to think like that though. At some point I realized that my attitude was only holding me back. Instead of looking backwards, I'm looking ahead now...trying to spot the trends before the market moves. I know I'm going to make it.

>> No.10075070

Everyone has a crypto story about how they could have been rich if only they did something differently. You don't get to replay the past though...just make the future. Next big wave crypto is going to be asset backed tokens. They will provide a level of security to investors that ICOs did not.

>> No.10075081

>>10074936
it wasn't a shitpost, I'm serious.
I don't want to sell you anything, I just threw you a bone because you wanted the next x1000 since you already missed 2 or 5 or 500 of them over the last 8 years or however you want to count it.

>if i become rich
nah won't happen, you are just not made for this. you are a yes man, a follower, a simpleton.
with your current attitude you will never be rich.
forget about it or change.

look at this dude >>10075052 , bet he holds some chainlink.

>> No.10075128

>>10075003
There's a difference between being alone and being lonely. You're projecting.

>> No.10075137
File: 2 KB, 125x70, 4yourasshole.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074508
you stupid monkey, i wish all the worst things in life for you.

>> No.10075138

>>10075033
Iam not wasteful, i wouldnt be wasteful with even billions, biggest thing is that i wouldnt want people to know that iam rich since i wouldnt feel safe anymore, i would just proceed to wear 5$ clothing so i wont become a target.

I simply want to follow my passions without pressures and since iam not so good with people i can just reach that with financial freedom. Shit sucks.

>>10075052
>I watched BTC and ETH from the side lines but never bought in because I was bitter about missing out on the gains.
Man i feel you, had the sames, had mined 3btc till 2011/12 or so but that mining site is long gone sadly and forgot about the login.

>It's fucking stupid to think like that though. At some point I realized that my attitude was only holding me back. Instead of looking backwards, I'm looking ahead now...trying to spot the trends before the market moves. I know I'm going to make it.
Yeah, i came back a few months ago, hit a x33 and a few other x10 and got a few thousands out of it, but only 6k, at least something but still. Had high hopes then my motivation crashed with the market cap again, i dunno, i think the golden times are over and if you havent invested at least 50k you will have a hard time to make it. I dont really think that the whole market cap will reach 5trillions or higher, before that it would get regulated and a different coin, regulated by a bank or whatever would take over. I mean you can still get some bucks and if you are lucky even become a millionaire, but the times of becoming someone with a networth of 100m< are over i think.

>> No.10075143

>>10074492

Nah, it's not that simple. Hearing about it used for buying drugs or in some fucking scams didn't really convince me but after reading about the tech and understanding how the tech actually works got me hooked. Even the mining sounds fucking retarded before you actually read about how it really works. It's mostly luck really. Some people stumbled upon the information earlier than others. That's it. Stop thinking you're some visionary just because bought in earlier than others lol. The real visionary was Satoshi, whoever the fuck it was. Of course there's people like Buffett or Jordan Belfort who just HATE it for some reason and aren't even interested in learning about it.

>> No.10075159

>>10075081
You still havent said anything meaningful, just shitposting, gimme numbers, gimme statistics, gimme something i can grasp instead of words which mean nothing. At least i gave you some data, you gave me nothing.

>>10075137
Thanks, i wish you all the good things, i even wish you to become happy and a millionaire or whatever you dream of.

>> No.10075187
File: 22 KB, 511x340, 1529274360719.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10074844
Dude, if I didn't have to work, I could spend my days mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, hiking, and any other activity that has made me happy before. It would be my job to have fun, and if I got bored I could branch out and try new things, like finally getting that pilot's license I have already wanted.
Right now I work a job that keeps me from doing the things I love in order to pay the rent; I work 14 days in a row (plus travel time of 1-3 days each way), and then I'm on call on my days off so I have to stay within an hour of home at all times.
Fuck all these unimaginative NEETs who make it and don't know what to do with themselves, people (myself included) would kill for that kind of freedom, and they are afraid of the world outside their room. I guess that's what happens when the undeserving suddenly come upon vast wealth.

>> No.10075200

>>10075070
JNT?

>> No.10075203

There's no excuse if you didn't buy the dip some point after MtGox. Bitcoin was EVERYWHERE in early 2014. If it wasn't for MtGox, it could have very well hit 10k back then, but instead you guys had a second chance, which you still neglected.

>> No.10075216
File: 72 KB, 788x685, 7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10075159
here read the whitepaper
https://link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper

>> No.10075219

>>10075159
thanks bud, you're a nice lady after all. tell me the name of your village and perhaps next year i will adopt you for a month or two.

>> No.10075240

>>10075187
This guy understands me, would also get a pilot license, would love to have a MHD helicopter or huey one and a cessna or some cirrus aircraft to cruise around.

>> No.10075279

>>10075200
It's my number one pick by a mile. I've been riding other short term moon missions in an effort to accumulate. Jibrel has the right vision. I think about how the tech has evolved/ is evolving and how it might be useful in the future. Most of the shitcoins today probably won't be around tomorrow.

>> No.10075283

10,000 Bitcoin = $190,000,000

>> No.10075286

>>10075240
you're a slave at heart and belong on the ground. wings do not suit you.

>> No.10075291

>>10075203
I neglected because i was still mad that i didnt buy in 2011. Not everyone is so intelligent as you.

>>10075216
Wow, same shit most whitepapers have. Tell me something that makes them worth more than the first 50 top coins.

>>10075219
Come to Göppingen, will suck your cock for 10m. Will even try my best.

>> No.10075304

>>10075240
Fuck yeah, I would choose a Robinson R22 over a Lambo any day! Maybe a sailplane too, but at this point I would settle for a paragliding rig and enough free time to actually use it; I got hooked on slope lift as a kid with R/C gliders.

>> No.10075314

>>10075286
Yeah probably, doesnt mean that i have dreams and stuff that i would like to do, i mean for now i let other people slave for me since iam a NEET and can still talk to you guys at 3:00am but i know what you mean. Maybe i would overcome my slaviness with money.

>> No.10075315

Facebook is going to adopt Litecoin (tm) any day now. Source Uncle Marky

>> No.10075318

>>10075291
unfortunately i lost my penis in the war but i appreciate your offer.

>> No.10075323

>>10075286
Go fuck yourself you negative dipshit. You make yourself sound like a bitter, fat, incel.

>> No.10075373

>>10075315
Hope so, have 2 ltc in my back.

>>10075318
Sad, can still stroke your ears or whatever you like.

>>10075323
Let him be, werent we all so miserable at one point in our life, didnt we come here because of it? Imageboards are the facebook of the social reclusive and mad ones, iam not even mad because i was just like him a few years ago. Overcame my hatred though and troll much less now.

>> No.10075378
File: 15 KB, 412x366, lol.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10075291
stay poor bro, make sure to post a thread here after the singularity.
gonna look like:
>"boohoo I got it served on a silver plate and I refused to read and now I'm still poor while all of /biz/ is rich"

>> No.10075399

>>10074844
dude fishing guides make bank get out of here you broke cracker

>> No.10075404

>>10074520
Good stuff

>> No.10075419

>>10075378
Yeah will most likely if that happens but i just dont trust chainlink because of all this shilling. If iam wrong then i have to deal with it just like with btc. I dunno, i mean at least i have neetbucks here so if everything else fails i can rely on that and can still play videogames all day long and waste my time until i suicide or my life becomes better. It's still better than like 90% of the rest of the world population.

>> No.10075468

>>10075419
>play videogames all day long and waste my time until i suicide
thats the most likely path for you, they already hammered the defeatist attitude deep into your brain and its unlikely you will ever get out of it.

>> No.10075476

>>10075323
i wasn't trying to turn you on bb.

>> No.10075528

>>10075468
Yeah true, thats why iam hoping to get a windfall with crypto since thats the most likely thing i could get happy with. It's not like i would actually try to get out of it by myself and i have literally no motivation to do so since everything i could do is shit and would mean more suffering. So i rather get neetbucks, do some sports and have a lot of freetime than working in a shitty job all day long and getting maybe 100-200€ more than my neetbucks, since iam not qualified for some good job anyways. Iam already 26 so studying also wont do the thing. Gave up on life, we are here on an imageboard after all we are all failures otherwise we wouldnt be on this board, am i right.

Anyways, good night guys, was a nice talk with you, good to have you.

>> No.10075635

>>10075528
Wrong. The only thing holding you back is your attitude. I was a shit job laborer throughout my 20s making shit money. I was 25 when my first daughter was born and decided that if I didn't start doing something different...nothing would change. Went back to school and worked my ass off in the evenings learning new skills. 3 years later I landed the my dream job as a remote software dev. You can do whatever the fuck you want to. Doesn't matter that you didn't start earlier. If you don't start now, you won't get there later. Your choice.

>> No.10075649

>>10075528
>with crypto
better forget about it, your attitude will only make you lose money.

>> No.10075689

>>10075635
why would he bother? he gets the NEET bucks and doesn't need to work.

>> No.10075702

>>10075689
Doesn't sound like that's working out so well for him.

>> No.10075713

>>10075635
I dunno, i was always a underachiever and would need to work on my motivation and discipline, i have none. I just gave up and thats ok for me.

>>10075649
I mean i made 6 grand last bullrun, so i got quite lucky. Maybe i will get lucky more often with it, iam never putting in more than iam willing to lose, last time i put in money i treated that money as if i absolutely lost it. Turned out quite well actually.

Anyways, really going to bed now, cya in a few hours.

>> No.10075749

>>10075713
Not my job to fix your life. Do what you want. I'm not going to validate your defeatist attitude though.

>> No.10076232

>>10075476
Are you at least going to finish me off now?

>> No.10076338

>>10075713
I’m going to give you some genuine heartfelt advice that you desperately need to read.

Kill yourself

>> No.10076620

>>10075128
That's irrelevant, I know the difference. You know what I mean. And I read this in a book, which was based on scientific studies. Try again.

>> No.10076851

>>10074238
you don't become independent from ONE opportunity. You become independent from many. You have a nigger trying to win the lotto mentality.

>> No.10076890
File: 56 KB, 542x349, 1512203163413.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10075003
Maybe that's why i never get enough sleep

>> No.10076934

>>10074359
Lmao based boomer

>> No.10076937

>>10075003
Very interesting anon, care to share more?
t. Lonerfag

>> No.10076959

>>10074545
its all relative, I got 6k and I would love me 100k so I could travel.

>> No.10076981

>>10074238
>was about to put in 300€ but i didnt
Just remember that you would have sold once it doubled and thought to yourself 'Hah, I am a genius! Now to wait for the price to go down again...'