[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 38 KB, 660x446, zdfgxdfgxdf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10008744 No.10008744 [Reply] [Original]

I have a sad truth I'm about to reveal to you.

I just read a comment that said something along the lines of boasting about how their friends and families weren't involved in crypto. And because of that the adoption phase has hardly caught on.

But here's the skivvy-- only a small portion of people in the united states have been disrupted by banks themselves. Most people reeling from the housing market bubble, recovered. And the generations following have as well. The only people I recognize to be the ones truly "hurt" by big banks in America are those who don't have checking or savings accounts. Annnd it sounds like brainwash to me. I'm suppose to feel superior because I give my money over to a trusted business? It's whack.

Irregardless of that condition though, the general populous doesn't have any issue with banks. Sure, their parents might've gotten screwed over by their jobs...or families, or their own business. But it's never the banks to blame. They never see the larger picture. Or, can't- I'm not sure. The most I hear anyone bitch about banking in the united states is how stupidly insulting their interest rates are, which oddly enough is probably why most millennial's and gen X's took notice in 2017. Crypto offered an unmet need-- higher returns.

>> No.10008748

This is why I think adoption has been much faster in other parts of the world than in the united states, despite a lot of blockchain/crypto startups trying to flourish here without a whole lot of interest and/or usage. But unbanked populations across Europe, Russia, China, and the like far exceed America's; even more so that the bloodied roots run far deeper. Generations upon generations of families crushed by tyrannical rule. Not just the halving of one nuclear family in the states.

So, sadly, for adoption to continue to accelerate here in the united states, America will need to be exposed to the financial manipulation the whole rest of the world has been exposed to eons. Otherwise, cryptocurrencies will persist to teeter, balancing out through stagnation.

>> No.10008790
File: 63 KB, 620x348, 5C2472A7-33BE-455F-9F3F-21CB70C9065A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10008744
Sir calm down please sir. Hello sir, this is batmanjeet how can i help u? Yes sir. Its true sir. Yes sir. 0.01$ per video. Yes yes sir. Make big monies with bat sir. Ok ok sir. Pls buy bat sir. Thank u sir enjoy good coin sir. Ur welcum sir toodaloo sir

>> No.10008855

record low interest rates is why nobody is bitching.

record high national debt is the bigger screw job nobody cares about in this sold-out, self-centered melting pot.

>> No.10008919

>>10008744
no shit. that's exactly what that basedboy on that congress panel meant when asked "why do we need bitcoin" and he answered "most americans probably don't". you have to have an appreciation for monetary economics and history among other things to be drawn to bitcoin, or just be into internet culture enough to have come across it and realized the potential. unlike people sending large quantities of money internationally who instantly see the value because they are so fucked by banks on a regular basis. then again, with civil forfeiture, divorce, and a myriad of other situations, a lot of people in the US can benefit from crypto right now. I believe there is a pretty high penetration among this group presently within the context of the current cycle, although a very small penetration to what could be possible over a span of 10 years or more.

>> No.10009124

>>10008744
Problem is that normie retards don't recognize what the impact of QE1 and QE2 were. Too brainlet to be upset.