[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 29 KB, 500x211, 768D0F6A-8A7F-48E1-B802-0A98EBDB6767.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
770858 No.770858 [Reply] [Original]

Hey morons. Actual pro here who, for some unknown reason, used to hang around here when I was learning.
Now environment lead at medium-sized cinematics studio where we make all the pre-rendered AAA game trailers you little morons love to bitch about.

AMA. (Except what titles I / we have worked on. Obviously).

This is gonna be funny.

>> No.770870

Rough geographic location of your company and range of junior/senior artist salaries?

>> No.770871

how big is your dick

>> No.770872

>>770858
does it help your ego to lie to strangers

>> No.770873

>>770858
Do you spit or swallow.

>> No.770875

lel

>> No.770912

Should I have another beer or nah

>> No.770915

Do you ever look out the window at night and watch the stars?

>> No.770927

>environment lead
>been a pro about 3 weeks
>churns out shit

imagine my shock.

>> No.770928
File: 19 KB, 535x388, Shapelet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who do you work for?
What games have you worked on?
What's your job title?

pics or it didn't happen

pic related, it's your average day in the office.

>> No.770930

>>770858
What exercises did you do to practice your 3d? Or how did you practice your 3d skills?

>> No.770936

>>770858
>environment lead
>phone poster
Why would anyone want to talk to you, OP? You're the manager of a McDonald's.

>> No.771524

>>770858
I got a couple
how does it feel knowing that prerendered bullshot videogame trailers have ruined the games industry beyond repair?
what's it like knowing that the majority of your core audience either has adblock installed or they go out of their way to press the skip button on the derivative trash you're trying to advertise to them?
do you remember the feelings you had when you made your own art or are you numb from selling yourself out?
how many different men have borrowed your spouse?

>> No.771525

>>770858
What did your portfolio look like when you got hired? Was it good to you or was it just barely acceptable? Examples of other peoples work you could post, preferably Junior level

>> No.771534

>>770858
>used to hang around here when I was learning.
Prove it.
Post some of your old work that you posted here. I'm sure some older anons can remember if something was posted if enough people replied to it.
I still remember shit from years and years ago.

>> No.771569

>>771525
I think you can find junior tier portfolio on The Rookies, also just by browsing Exp Points and 80lv, because they will often mention their experience at the beginning of the article.

>> No.771666

>>770858
kinda sad you are so far removed from actually working somewhere or being useful you think talking like this could even be remotley believable

>> No.771970

>>770858
french ?

>> No.772073

>>771970
The only thing worse than the French, are French Canadians.
Jesus fucking christ, somehow I can tolerate Indians more than them.
French Canadians are the absolute worst.

>> No.772201

>>772073
thanks for sharing

>> No.772205

OP was basically trolling. It's been a week, and he's not shared his mediocre work with us.

>> No.772243

>>770858
Moron here
How do I git gud like you?
Do you learn the fundamentals through blender and move to a real software?

>> No.772318

>>772201
You're very welcome.
Everyone should know of my hatred of Canadians.

>> No.772455

>>770858
pyw

>> No.772459

>>772318
>my hatred of Canadians
y tho

>> No.772539

>>772459
They're just horrible people.
Mind you, this is mainly Canadians that speak French as their primary language, but even the English speaking ones have caused me grief.

Any time I have to work with them, they try and find some loophole to not pay, demand shit instead of asking politely (as you do in a business situation), demand things outside of the project scope and refuse to pay for it, speak in the most broken and unintelligible English imaginable (and sound like 14 year olds) despite being an English commonwealth and conjoined with the US, and then go up in arms that you want to be paid in YOUR currency and not theirs, to tack it on they outright refuse to sign contracts and when they do they don't return them.

This isn't even just one person. Every Canadian I've ever had to deal with has had some combination of most of these factors. Anyone else from any other country manages to not have any issues. They might have some problems paying, notably if they're in eastern Europe, but that's understandable since it's kind of a shit-hole over there. Canada is 1st world, though.
Hell even the French do the same thing as Canadians.

I'm convinced that anyone who speaks French is just a bad person.

>> No.772776

Just remembered I made this thread, you little dipshits didn’t disappoint.

>>770870

Location would be too much of a giveaway I’m afraid. Absolute juniors start at 22k. After that salaries are negotiated.

>> No.772777

>>770872
No. Nothing I’ve said is a lie. You might be projecting here.

>> No.772778

>>770912
No. Quit drinking.

>> No.772779

>>770915
Sure. Venus has been visible to the naked eye where I am just recently at about 5am (which is when I’m up sometimes, unfortunately)

>> No.772780

>>770927
Everything you assume is wrong.

>> No.772783

>>770930
Once I had the core skills and a broad understanding of pipeline, I set myself three very heavy, detailed environment projects which i didn’t allow myself to let go unfinished. All three ended up being portfolio pieces. One of them got me featured on 80 level.

The most important thing, after you’ve finished at college or university or whatever you’re doing, is to finish things. Never put WIPs on your portfolio.

Finishing things is the most important thing to practice.

>> No.772784

>>770936
It’s an iPad. I don’t want to sit at a desk and use a PC after sitting at a desk using a PC all day.

I’m not the manager of a McDonald’s. I’m a lead environment artist. Like I said in the first post.

>> No.772785

>>771524
how does it feel knowing that prerendered bullshot videogame trailers have ruined the games industry beyond repair

Don’t care. Complain to the games studios that commission the work. Not our problem.

what's it like knowing that the majority of your core audience either has adblock installed or they go out of their way to press the skip button on the derivative trash you're trying to advertise to them?

Almost everything we do is for things like E3 where people go out of their way to engage with the things we make. Last thing we did went out as part of a big reveal and had 45,000 views in under an hour, outside of the reveal stream.

do you remember the feelings you had when you made your own art or are you numb from selling yourself out?

You really shouldn’t get into CG if you don’t want t make commercial art for a living. I play in music in a couple of bands to get the kind of artistic gratification you’re talking about. I’ve not sold out of anything because i didn’t buy into anything in the first place.

how many different men have borrowed your spouse?

Not married. Again I think you’re projecting.

>> No.772786

>>771525

It was good. I didn’t apply anywhere, I got called and offered a job. There are some juniors at my place whose portfolios are objectively bad, if that’s what you want to hear.

I didn’t start as a junior.

>> No.772787

>>771534
Considered it but no would be too easily identified. Sorry.

>> No.772788

>>771569
Been featured on 80level. Can confirm. But not junior.

>> No.772792

>>771970
Nope.

>> No.772793

>>772205
Kind of surprised anyone but me would continue to check on this thread after a week.

My work is pretty good btw,

>> No.772794

>>772243
Just knuckle down and like I said to another anon - finish things.

When you’re unemployed, you’re time-rich. And you can use the wealth of time you have at your disposal to compete with me, even though I likely have more ability than you: you can sit there and pour a day into perfecting a tiny, minuscule section of a portfolio piece. And this is exactly what I did when building my folio.

Never used blender.

>> No.772795

>>772539
Get a grip

>> No.772807

>>772785
>you shouldn't get into art if you don't want to make a living from it
There are actual 3D professionals on this board who aren't telling others to make fences for a living. You sound like you've been gone so long, some of the dazlets might be better than you.

>>772787
>>772786
>My work is pretty good btw,
No, it's shit, so you're not posting it, otherwise you'd post it and we would admit it was good because we don't make bait threads to make ourselves feel good.

>> No.772816

>>772807
>No, it's shit, so you're not posting it, otherwise you'd post it and we would admit it was good because
Excuse me but you don't speak for us all here....who is we?
>we would admit
no WE definitely wouldn't.
some toxic idiot would shit all over the work just to spite a hated industry professional or wagie how they are called here.
>some of the dazlets might be better than you.
>dazlets
>better
dazlets are nothing, they are not even playing in the same sport...using words like good and bad makes no sense especially not when comparing them to "real" artists.
I don't know (nor care) if OP is an certified Industry Pro or an LARP, but I do know that you are an retard.

>> No.772817

>>772787
>too easily identified
that's the point retard.
You wouldn't be posting professional work on /3/ in the first place.
As it is, you're just a larping faggot, especially considering the entire thread doesn't have a single image related to 3d.

>> No.773676

>>770858
What have you done that any artist would actually respect? Outside of your AAA work, obviously.

>> No.775727

>>772816
Changing the subject to me being autistic and bad at writing doesn't help your case, because this isn't /lit/. You haven't posted anything to suggest you're a pro, OP, and none of your fragments of experience are particularly insightful.

You're beneath the dazlets because they post someone else's work and shit in their little general, and that's miles ahead of someone posting no work and making a thread shitting on the entire board.