[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 283 KB, 1899x986, 1569812558598.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
760785 No.760785 [Reply] [Original]

I made a tool in unity and am wondering if its good enough to put on a tools reel to apply to studios. I can record tracking data from any type of tracker (hand keyed, head tracked, eye track) and then playback and use that stored data to do things like vertically scroll the final image to fit a 4k video onto dual 1080p monitors or just see what was being focused on at a particular moment, which is useful for many things. Look at the cube moving showing the recorded tracking and the dynamic scrolling of the video. I have been working on this project for 1 month, learning unity and c#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCq5rjHXihM

>> No.760847

Anyone? Any feedback?

>> No.760991

>>760785
It's a slow board, you don't need to bump. In my opinion, I'd say no, it's not ready. It's got a bad case of programmer design. That is to say that it both looks ugly and unintuitive. I couldn't tell what half of those buttons on the menu were, and I'm still not entirely sure what the function or utility of the tool actually is.

I don't want you to explain it to me here either. My point is if you're trying to get someone to look at this, and they're busy, you only get maybe 30 to 60 seconds to get the point across and I think you failed to do that.

Keep going though, either with a redesign or more tools, everyone could always use more independently developed and specific tools. Also consider a store front or something in the event that you don't find a studio to take it off of you, or at least a demo so an interested studio could test it or something. Good luck.

>> No.761144

>>760785
why would i want to view a video across two screens

>> No.761157

>>761144
you can see double the amount of detail at 3840x1080 than at 1920x1080.

>> No.761689

>>761157
if you are someone that needs to see that high level of a detail for whatever reason, you would have the budget to afford a screen capable of doing whatever the fuck you needed it to do.

This is the video editing equivalent of putting a spoiler on a honda civic... just buy the racecar, and if you can't afford one or find someone who thinks you're good enough to race theirs, then you don't need it to begin with.

Not only that, but as the other anon said, your interface is the shittiest most crude shit I've ever seen. Jesus. How self unaware could you be? And what the fuck is going on with the demo video? Did you create this shit on the toilet one afternoon? Did you make this with a ti-84 running gentoo?

Stick to coding dude. You are not a software developer.

>> No.761854

>>761689
>Stick to coding dude.
>You are not a software developer.

I was trying to evaluate whether your post was good advice, but you helped settle it with that last sentence. You're a complete and utter moron. Get off the Internet and do something with your life. Not OP, btw.

>> No.761861

>>761689
>if you are someone that needs to see that high level of a detail for whatever reason, you would have the budget to afford a screen capable of doing whatever the fuck you needed it to do.

I only have 4k TV's in my living room, not a computer monitor. this tool bridges the gap and has saved me from buying a new big monitor

>> No.764481
File: 140 KB, 1246x677, 1571235285442.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I improved the accuracy of the tracking. Using different footage from gameplay I made a direct comparison of the stock untracked output (top) vs the head/eye tracked output (bottom) where I just looked around the screen at various elements using OBS. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4WZQAqr_nw