[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 57 KB, 198x283, substance.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
745363 No.745363 [Reply] [Original]

took three hours to make this but because I started from 0 and had to learn SD.

>> No.745652

the image is really low quality

>> No.745653

>>745652
looks like a viewport screenshot

>> No.745655

>>745363
whats your point

>> No.745656

>>745363
do you believe this shows talent? or that using substance designer is too difficult for the average joe? i do not understand how people can make 3d assets of this quality then try and flaunt it. what is the motivation and what is your expected response? if anyone says this is good theyre deluded, as with most of the other 3d garbage on this board. i am seriously angry about you kids making absolute garbage in 3d and being proud of yourself like little babies who just learned how to babble. FUCK

>> No.745728

what is it

>> No.745735

>>745656
STFU nigger.

>oh no, a begginer produces begginer results
everyone starts doing crap.

>>745728
seems like metal.

>> No.745736

Good job. What programs can I use something like that in?

>> No.745757

>>745735
I get that he's a beginner and is excited about his results but I also get that dude with the rant. I'm really torn because you don't want to demoralise newbies, but you also want them to understand where they sit on the skill scale and not clutter every 3d place with absolute crap

>> No.745784

Man i really wanna see the work of all these /3/ people that talk shit to beginners. I bet y'all don't have shit. If ur gonna talk shit post ur work faggots

>> No.745788

>>745784
even if that was true what difference would it make

>> No.745807

>>745784
>If ur gonna talk shit post ur work faggots
When has this arguments ever made sense?

>> No.745813

>>745784
If someone would actually do this and was really good, what would your reaction be then?
Do you honestly believe no pro ever feels this way about newbies and their overinflated sense of importance every time when they put two vertices together?

>> No.745943

>>745788
>>745807
If your work is shit, your opinion is shit
>>745813
That literally has never happened. I post this cuz i want to see it happen

>> No.745955

>>745813
Ironically all the best elite guys in the industry always give constructive criticism and try to teach the noobs.

It's always the begginers who love to talk shit to other begginers.

>> No.745959

>>745955
There is nothing to be constructive about, as OP's pic is just one big pile of nothing with shitty resolution that only allows to vaguely recognize shape.

>> No.746077

>>745955
Yeah, on social platforms where people know who they are and can't afford to get a bad rep. That's why people come here, where no such constraints exists. Don't delude yourself by believing that how pros act on social media is who they are or what they think(t.pro guy who has worked with other pro guys for the past 7 years)

>> No.746080
File: 32 KB, 600x655, c2d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>745943
>That literally has never happened. I post this cuz i want to see it happen
Gee, I wonder why no one would want to doxx himself on the infamous 4chan. It clearly means there are no very good artists around here. It's the only possible explanation

>> No.746105

>>745656
>i am seriously angry
get a life
get a job
get a hobby that isn't browsing /3/
git gud shitter

>> No.746149
File: 341 KB, 1280x1280, 1463062926454.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>745784
I think some people here have really good level but just lurk. I'd post some of my artwork that I'm proud of but I don't want to be traced back to my artstation (even if on hindsight it probably doesn't matter)
Regardless, this thread is shit, because even if i'm happy to help 'beginners' this thread is low qualiter screen shot with no info tier.

>> No.746150

>>745656
Imagine being so much of a loser you take the time to write what this fag wrote

>> No.746164

>>745784
>>746149

There's been plentiful of evidence thruout the years some highly experienced people are on this board.
I seriously doubt they're the ones 'talking shit' to any beginners tho.
People who are skillful at something have a pride that gives them a sense of self and a focused mind
that makes it unusual for them to be unhinged individuals.

People who go to lengths complaining and ripping into others online are almost never the successful people in life.
If someone is vile and spitting on other people you can pretty safely assume they're unhappy and harbor feelings of inferiority and worthlessness.

>> No.746170

>>746164
>People who are skillful at something have a pride that gives them a sense of self and a focused mind
>that makes it unusual for them to be unhinged individuals.
Oh boy. The naivety of youth. Do you really believe that?
Have you ever worked in the media business or advertising?
People, stupid or clever, no matter how old, no matter where, have no control over their ego. The majority isn't even aware of how it all works, they have no ability for self-reflection and are driven by their subconscious instincts and desires. Its a warzone out there and you'll get attacked all the time - it's just a little-bit more civil in tone.
>If someone is vile and spitting on other people you can pretty safely assume they're unhappy and harbor feelings of inferiority and worthlessness.
The first part is true, however it can also come from a feeling of superiority and a bloated ego.
It has not so much to do with one artistic ability or even intelligence per se, it's much larger due to personality traits and mental maturity.

>> No.746179

>>746164
>If someone is vile and spitting on other people you can pretty safely assume they're unhappy and harbor feelings of inferiority and worthlessness.
nah, this is just cope you invented for yourself so that when people criticize you you get to fantasize about how they must be insane instead of accepting the criticism. if anything, the opposite of what you wrote is true: every other great writer/artist/rockstar/movie person has anecdotes about them being incredibly abusive and fucked up in person. that's why there is a stereotype that talented people are troubled, not that they are calm and pleasant to be around. actual talentless hacks often have no "feelings of inferiority and worthlessness" whatsoever because dunning-kruger makes them think they're already perfect.

you cannot actually judge other people's talent from how angry they get online - and why would you even want to? the reality is that the people who do the "post work" thing are fucking hopeless. even if the other guy is even worse then you, how does that help you, exactly? your work is still shit. trying to shame people into not pointing out that your work is shit does not make it less shit. the criticism people get on this board is typically very inarticulate but largely accurate - people know when something's trash even if they can't explain how to fix it. when you expend all this effort trying to silence criticism you're just calming your hurt fee-fees instead of improving your work - and if "forgetting you're bad" is a more important goal to you than "getting good" then how are you ever going to improve?

>> No.746183
File: 508 KB, 1280x1280, 1452288959722.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>746164
Myea sorry I'm gonna have to side with the 2 comments below. I'm a student in this field, and even then most people talk trash about others. Even the best in my school talk shit about other artwork. If anything I think it's mostly people with good skill level that will talk the most shit. Not in person, but in private (like on this board) I'm not saying it's the way to go. But in this case, yes. because the op pic is trash. It's low res, badly framed, and has no info.
Also, if you think most people on this board can't do better than what op posted, you must be out of your mind.

>> No.746189

"Post your work" is cope. That's why /ic/ is shit lol. They want to shift the butthurt onto someone else, when the entire point of you posting your work here is to get some of the most brutal up front critiques or shitposting that can be harbored in any one area online. It's up to you to disseminate this information and learn on your own, judging the content of the posts rather than the content of the personality posting. I will agree that people who tear others down can be insecure or have feelings of worthlessness. But those that are high in skill have developed innate ego's specifically derived from their competence. That's why you see the elite of any skill, hobby, or practice hold high bars towards their work, and thus that same bar is applied to others, because they know just how shitty the person's skill really is.

Don't come to /3/ if you can't handle the shitposting, banter, and anger. There is a plethora of good information here that is not found in other spaces, and it's namely the blunt honesty (even if the person is wrong this is still good). It helps immensely to become a less obfuscated and focused artist because everyone is calling you out all the time. Don't take it personally, just fix your errors and be self aware. That's all it takes to become competent.