[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 98 KB, 1252x1252, angry patrick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
705974 No.705974 [Reply] [Original]

How can I import a blender file to MMD?
There are tutorials on the internet that I need to download a program called pymeshio, but the thing is that they dont tell in what carpet I need to put them, or in what blender version works. THE FUCKING STUPID TUTORIALS ONLY SHOW THE ADDONS ALREADY INSTALLED, IT MAKES ME FUCKING MAD THEY CANT TEACH ANYTHING RIGHT.
So any help?

>> No.706024

just experiment and figure it out yourself. no need to be glued to some tutorial.

>> No.706042
File: 474 KB, 1280x720, mmd tools.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>705974
Pymeshio is very obsolete. Use powroupi's fork of mmd_tools.
https://github.com/powroupi/blender_mmd_tools
It's not immediately obvious where it appears after you install it, see pic related.

>> No.708043

>>705974
Since this is a topic related to MMD, I'm just gonna ask my question here rather than make a new thread.

I use linux mint and want to get into mmd. Problem is that since MMD is for windows, is there a way outside of using a VM to make it work? I tried using wine, and most of the screen is black with only parts of the menu visible.

>just use a vm faggot

I keep getting an error that causes the environment to crash despite following directions when booting from a usb, or directly from the .iso itself. I know I'm fucking up somewhere, but I don't know where yet. I know I'll figure it out, but in the meantime, any suggestions would be appreciated.

>> No.708046
File: 112 KB, 977x584, vmerror.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>708043
forgot the error message.

>> No.708052

>>708046
you tried turning vt-x on in bios?
you also could try running mmd using gallium nine, mmd uses directx9 which gallium translates to vulkan, but i've never tried that

>> No.708062

>>708052
How would I go about turning it on? Also, using sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/gallium-nine brings back 'this ppa does not support bionic'.

>> No.708064

>>708052
I'm going to see if I can't find a solution to this. I tried installing lokinet, and the repository I used was bionic, so maybe it's trying to call from that.

>> No.708076

>>708062
you should install it directly from github
also it appears to work only on vesa driver so you should change that before trying to run anything

>> No.708099

>>708052
I turned the vt-x on and got it working. Took me a minute to realize you meant my actual BIOS, and not an option within the vm itself. Now all I need is to do is remember how to setup a wireless connection in xp.

>> No.708621

>people are still using MMD
why?

>> No.708622

https://github.com/powroupi/blender_mmd_tools

>> No.709658

>>708621
My guess is because it's simple, light-weight, and the people who commonly use it aren't really the kinds of people actually interested in modelling. They just want to fuck around with models they got off Google and make silly videos. They won't care if it looks like shit because aren't trying to be professionals.