[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 149 KB, 1200x1200, 710HpTcKyoL._SL1200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
694702 No.694702 [Reply] [Original]

I need to find the best drawing tablet with screen, since I get too perfectionist on the way I draw.
Should I get GAOMON PD1560 tablet? I'm planning to make business with Krita, [Aseprite?], and Clip Studio Paint.

Knowing about Blender with the sculpt mode, I feel this would be more fun with a tablet.

>> No.694703

>>694702
simple
nothing from wacon

this one GAOMON PD1560 looks very good
idk about the price tho

>> No.694704

>>694703
>OP said he's a perfectionist
>suggest him completely ignoring wacom

wat

>> No.694708

>>694702

Why not just get the cintiq 16 it's just 200 more.

>> No.694713

>>694704
Wacom is shit man, I got the chance to test out all their models, the palm rejection is atrocious

>> No.694714

>>694704
I got the Wacom Medium Tablet with pen, but I don't like how the lines gets fatten and shrinken. It looks like I'm trying to imitate Ed, Edd n' Eddy without any experiences with drawing clean lines. I want to go better artist where I'm a perfect choice for commisions.

>> No.694742

>>694702
Wacom Cintiq 22HD is still the best on the market. If you don't want to compromise, get a Cintiq.

Huion KAMVAS 22 (2019) is like half the price. The main missing features are tilt/rotation sensitivity for the pen and touchscreen ability. If you don't use these, you're not missing much.

>> No.694745

>>694714
Turn off/down the pressure sensitivity you mong.
Or turn the firmness up for your pen in the driver.

>> No.694746

>>694742
>Wacom Cintiq 22HD
Doesn't look comfortable to me, because 21 inches wide is too big for me, as I wanted around at least 13 to 15 inches wide. And $1600 is the same cost as all computer parts to build. And the button looks too small for me to comfortably use it. I want to use it both on my lap, and on the table if I feel like it.

I checked the other Cintiq and all aside 22HD doesn't support buttons on the side.

>>694745
Do you think I don't know how to work with pressure sensitivity? Because I do, and it's so annoying adjusting the firmness and pressure sensitivity to me. Sometimes, I have to zoom in for desired line.

>> No.694748
File: 114 KB, 384x682, stripes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>694746
>Sometimes, I have to zoom in for desired line.
Yes. That's how graphics tablets work. That's one of the advantages they have over traditional media. That and you can keep trying the same line until it's just right.

Practice your hand control man. Not trying to sound dismissive at this point, but it really helps to dig in and just practice sometimes.
Do some line exercises to get a good feel for it. Mainly line weight exercises before you work. Do a stroke with varying pressure from top to bottom, then do one right next but invert your pressure (like pic related). I'm not saying you don't know how to do line weight or anything like that or don't know how to do pressure, but any time I'm feeling rusty or not quite into it, I'll do a page of these and I don't have any problem getting the right weights that I need. Just like doing vocal warmups before you sing to make sure you're hitting the right notes, it's good to do drawing warmups to make sure you're hitting the right lines.

>> No.694749

>>694748
Great advice, but I don't know which books available at /ic/ or tutorials that is the best and most effective on learning hand control.
Alongside sculpting and modelling with tablet since this is /3/.

>> No.694751

>>694749
It's kind of a meme on /ic/ but unironically drawabox really helped me get some hand control down. I've been drawing for years, but I decided to try and start back up from scratch and re-learn what I have learned (-insert Yoda hmmmmm? here-).
It's really helped me reinforce a lot of the stuff I knew, and helped me fix bad habits and what I thought I knew. Just make sure to actually commit to it.

As far as sculpting goes, I don't really think anything would really help except books about your subject. If you already know the technical stuff anyway. If you're trying to sculpt humans or humanoids, nothing but books on anatomy or drawing anatomy would really help. You need to memorize those forms and be able to see how they work with each other. Learning to draw them is one of those cases where knowing how to draw before you /3/ would really help. You don't need to know how to draw to do 3d, but in the case of anatomy and stuff, nothing would really help you commit those to memory better than drawing it. Even if you're going for something cartoony.

>> No.694753

>>694751
Can you be specific about drawing box? It could mean 3D box, drawing squares many times and getting it perfect symmetrical, or make a made-up sketches using box only.

I'll try to do those though, but is there more method to get good and perfections on hand control?

>> No.694754

>>694753
Drawabox is a site man. It's a step by step process to learning to draw.

>> No.694756

>>694754
Oh, my bad. I'll look into the Drawabox site.

In the meantime, I feel Wacom Cintiq 13HD [Refurbished] is the best choice for me. Is this alright for me?

>> No.694757

>>694756
It depends on your budget and what you want to do imo (only you really know what you want). If you're just starting out and getting a feel for it, a small one like that will be fine I guess.
I bought a small one though, and I kind of wish I had at least gotten a 22", I got a 13" one and it's fine, I just wish it was a bit bigger to get some more arm motion in there.
If you're just planning to sculpt with it and do some drawing though a 13" is fine. All I'm saying is that if you have the cash to go bigger you won't regret it.

>> No.694758

>>694757
Alright, got it.
Thank you so much for the help, anons.

>> No.694813

>>694756

>Cintiq 13HD

Don't get that one I had it so speak from experience. The screen on that one was different to the main line and looked totally dull. I would say even the cheap knock offs these days would be better looking than that one was.

>> No.695259

>>694813

Elaborate, anon. I guess GAOMON PD1560 is the best choice?

>> No.695731

>>694702
just buy the Lenovo yoga 730 it comes with a wacom pen and a GTX 1050. never ever get some overpriced wacom trash

>> No.695733

>>695731
I've read on the blender website that the recommended specs are 16gb of ram with quadcore processor and a 4gb videocard.
So I don't know if getting a tablet is the best for making 3d models.