[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 11 KB, 240x240, da18-Djn_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
694693 No.694693 [Reply] [Original]

can /3/ make a website to self teach 3D to go from 0 to have the same knowlege and skills to produce top tier 3D?

Maybe like a self taugh guide or a blog or a github page with a curriculum to self teach yourself drawing, anatomy, modelling, rigging, texturing, animation, particles, visual effects, motion tracking, video editing, after effects and using cgpeer tutorials or free courses on youtube?

Or at least a proper pastebin?

>> No.694696

Why do so many here non stop ask to be spoonfed?
Good tutorials ans learning material has never been this wide spread available, it has never been easier to learn shit yet more and more ask to get it stuffed up their asses and expect to be a pro making their living of it the next day.

>> No.694700

>google/youtube "HOW TO DO X THING IN Y PROGRAM", "HOW TO PRACTICE ANATOMY", "HOW TO VIDEO EDITING"
is that really so hard?
finding learning material is the easiest part of the whole process, the hardest being the thousands of hours of solitary practice after you've "learned" how to do it.

>> No.694741

>>694693
the most success I've had with learning 3D concepts came the past few days when I've taken to modelling a bicycle.
it takes me back to the days when I learned to use Microsoft Word as a toddler just to have something to do/impress my adopted parents.
I have extensive knowledge pertaining to the form and function of bicycles, thanks in part to >>>/n/
blender just crashed so I won't be including a render or a screenshot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIySLhTtY-I
pretty good stuff.
be adaptable. don't get frustrated when you can't do certain things.
following a tutorial can actually lead to you becoming afraid to do anything other than exactly what it specifies.

>> No.694776

>>694700
If you're an absolute beginner you might not even have enough knowledge or vocabulary to even know what questions to even ask

>> No.694779

>>694693
Unironically start with blender. Watch basic tutorials to get an idea of fundementals, the try model something
Try model a table
If you get stuck go watch a tutorial on how to model a table
Then do a chair
Then a bed
Then do some your interested in
Follow tutorials
Learn to texture
Learn to rig
Learn to animate
Learn to sculpt
Repeat

>> No.694781

>>694741
>following a tutorial can actually lead to you becoming afraid to do anything other than exactly what it specifies.
I disagree on this, it comes down to the person's personality, not the fault of the tutorial.
When I follow tutorials I try to vary things as much as I can, to and grow on what iv already learned.
Like of they are keeping an area simple for the tutorial, but I already know how I could detail this part of the object to make it better, I'll do it.
People who can't think for themself will have problems in any industry, not just 3d

>> No.694783

>>694776
That's why you follow simple tuts that explain what they are doing well. Once you understand what the thing that you want to do is called, you can refine your searching to find info on exactly that.

>> No.694806

>>694693

Even the crabs at IC have a pastebin. We should put one together and put it at the start of each wip thread.

>> No.694808

>>694693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdcs8uf7UOs

>> No.694822

>>694808
this guys not that far off.
just run through the official blender tutorials, then find another youtuber you like doing basic shit, then start mimicking other work you see online.
start forming a library of assets and a portfolio of work.
try to always work to creating a finished product at the end, like those community competitions.

>> No.694907

>I wanna be self taught
>can someone teach me bros

>> No.694915

>>694693
Read the fucking sticky

>> No.694981

>>694779
blender is awful

>> No.694992

>>694981
okay