[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 55 KB, 331x472, 1650B527-3AF7-4857-A469-A9D7D4148CCB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
694128 No.694128 [Reply] [Original]

I'm new to /3dcg/ and have only done the tutorial and a couple hours of playing around in blender, should I get a tablet or use a different software before I get too invested?

>> No.694132

>>694128
Unless you're planning to sculpt or paint, probably not. As for different software, it depends on what you want to do (architectural modeling, motion graphics, simulation, character animation, texturing, etc.) Blender CAN technically do everything and the skills you'd acquire will mostly carry over, it's just a question of how much time you'd be wasting.

If you want something different to try out that has an easy learning curve, I'd go with Cinema 4D, SketchUp and maybe Daz Studio.

>> No.694163

First learn some 3d fundamentals: things like maps, normal, light, Uvs, etc.
Later you a decide what kinda 3d work you want to do.

If you are a dirt hobbist you can learn a bit of everything and be a shit modeler, shit sculptor, shit animator, shit texture painter, shit vfx artist, shit game devoleper, shit technical artist, all this at the same time.

>> No.694164

>>694163
>If you are a dirt hobbist you can learn a bit of everything and be a shit modeler, shit sculptor, shit animator, shit texture painter, shit vfx artist, shit game devoleper, shit technical artist, all this at the same time.
So... a 3D generalist?

>> No.694168

>>694164
nah that's not the same
skilled generalists are the most valuable resource there is, though the range of skills is a bit more limited than what you guys listed (skip things like animation and whatever game developer means in this context)

>> No.694298

>blender
sorry 2 hear